
I loved being out in the desert, climbing with my favorite peeps. Unfortunately I didn't do much climbing, but a whole lotta flailing! The fates seemed set against me! The very first climb I lost several finger tips! And if that wasn't enough to nearly ruin the entire trip, I stuck my foot in my shoe and got stung by a bee! Right on the bottom of my foot. Since I once had an extreme allergic reaction to a bee sting, I popped some benadryl and promptly fell into a snooze right there at the crag. In the days that followed I got to see some
stellar climbing from my climbing companeros, and was sincerely grateful for their patience with me as they basically dragged their fingerless foot-swollen friend up all the routes. Here's my fingers a few days later...ouch!

Here's Emma pulling some sweet face moves.

And Brent cranking on a way weird roof... Emma led this one first and was amazing!


And Becka, a climbing ninja...



And me...


Here's Emma working on the crux.


Good thing she had the best belayer ever!

I think if Audrey Hepburn was a climber, she'd be sportin a look like this.

The rocks are so cool!


Here's Emma zipping Becka's pant legs on while she belays Brent on a crazy thin climb (on micro stoppers! gosh are they hard core!)

Look at the finesse...

with nerves of steel. Would you ever guess the stoppers he trusted his life on were about as big as a dime? This guy has nothing but confidence.

Cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment