If you know me at all you've probably heard me blab on and on about this incredible band called Dirty Projectors. (and you're thinking, dirty what?!) Well, I don't know, but very few bands can pull off a truly unique sound and still sound this catchy. I'm going to steal my good friend Hayley's description right from her blog:
"They blew my socks off, they were phenomenal, so very talented and impressive. What boggles my mind most is that they are doing music that sounds very in line with contemporary indie electronic trends, without synthesizers! Their complex arrangements and layers are all done manually, if I can say that."
Yes Hayley, you can say that. Here's a link to the song that first got me hooked. The video is somewhere in between hilarious and awesome. But of course seeing them live is a billion times better than a youtube video. They've got an awesome stage presence. I got to see them in concert in Seattle, and in Salt Lake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMPF6lpM0XM
Also, there is another band called THE Dirty Projectors, who are definitely not the same thing. Just beware if you do a search on itunes.
This isn't a great video, but it's a stellar song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-5RQXXM30Q
No comments:
Post a Comment