Thursday, August 12, 2010
Prolly the Best Trip Ever
My latest and greatest adventure in City of Rocks/ Castle Rock is also probably my worst documented. I guess I was having such a grand time that I forgot to take pictures! I have some sweet videos but they aren't loading! Arrgg...free sites! Also, day one included only two participants, and when you're belaying someone on a crazy trad climb, it's wisest prolly not to try and pull out the camera. It's too bad, cuz Brent was looking pretty hard core on those crack climbs! Despite the intermittent torrential downpour, the rats keeping us up all night, our pathetic damp and smokey fire, and one darn lousy multipitch route, we had a grand time!! All but one of the climbs we did were stellar! Any one of them would have made the trip worth it. It was mostly slab climbing (which always feels insecure but is always fun!), and we discovered some RIDICULOUSLY fun cracks that reminded me of why I love climbing!!









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment